Applying at Yale (Applied Physics)

In summary, the individual is interested in applying to the applied physics department at Yale University and has a BSc in Electronic Engineering and Msc in Radio and Space Science. Their academic profile includes a moderate Masters result, a 3.22 undergrad GPA, three publications (one as first author in an IEEE journal and two conference papers), a GRE score of V 610 Q 770 AW 3.5, and a TOEFL score of 103. They are unsure if their application will be accepted, as they are not sure if the physics GRE is required. They have visited the Yale applied physics website and it states that the physics GRE is encouraged but not required. Another individual advises them to consider taking the physics GRE.
smmahmud
Hi,

I am eager to apply at the applied physics department of yale university. I completed my BSc in Electronic Engineering and Msc In Radio and Space Science. My academic profile is given below.

Masters Result: Moderate
Undergrad GPA:3.22
Publication: three (one IEEE journal as first auther and two conf)
GRE: V 610 Q 770 AW 3.5
Toefl 103

Would my application be accepted at Yale?

Physics news on Phys.org
dont you need the physics GRE as well? I would think a institution like yale requires it...actually almost sure that all of them require it.

I visited yale applied physics website. it says Physics GRE encouraged but not required.

smmahmud said:
I visited yale applied physics website. it says Physics GRE encouraged but not required.

Oh, this is going to end badly.. Do consider taking it

What are the admission requirements for Yale's Applied Physics program?

The admission requirements for Yale's Applied Physics program include: a bachelor's degree in a related field, strong academic performance, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a resume or CV.

What is the application process for Yale's Applied Physics program?

The application process for Yale's Applied Physics program involves submitting an online application, official transcripts, GRE scores, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a resume or CV. There is also an application fee.

What is the average GPA and GRE scores for accepted applicants to Yale's Applied Physics program?

The average GPA for accepted applicants to Yale's Applied Physics program is around 3.7 on a 4.0 scale. The average GRE scores for accepted applicants are 165 for the quantitative section and 160 for the verbal section.

Are there any specific research areas or faculty members in the Applied Physics department at Yale that I should be aware of?

Yes, there are several research areas and faculty members in the Applied Physics department at Yale that you should be aware of. Some of the key areas of research include quantum information science, biophysics, and materials science. You can visit the department's website to learn more about the faculty members and their research interests.

What can I do to increase my chances of being accepted into Yale's Applied Physics program?

To increase your chances of being accepted into Yale's Applied Physics program, you should focus on maintaining a strong academic record, performing well on the GRE, obtaining strong letters of recommendation, and crafting a compelling statement of purpose. It can also be helpful to gain research experience and participate in relevant extracurricular activities.