Applying to University of Utah for PhD in Pure Maths

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Carl140
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Phd Pure University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Carl140
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Hi all!

I'm applying to several universities in the US. Among them is the University of Utah, I'm applying for a PhD in pure mathematics. Do you know what's the reputation of this university? I was told it is good, but I'd prefer to read comments from Americans or from anyone who studied there (or know about the topic) Quals seem hard.

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I have not studied at the University of Utah, but being in Utah I know it has a solid reputation.
My cousin-in-law graduated with his PHD in physics from there, and he has had no problems finding work.

Not sure if that's any help...