Are Acai Berries Really a Superfood? Separating Fact from Fiction

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shalashaska
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 7K views
Shalashaska
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. There's an ad here for an Acai berries that looks like a news article, but I know it's an ad. Is there any reason to believe in it? It kinda seems crooked to me, but just because the ad is, doesn't mean the berries are. I know the diet idea isn't real, but are these berries any better for you than others?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
They're probably the same as other berries. Berries generally do contain a lot of antioxidants.
 
ShawnD said:
They're probably the same as other berries. Berries generally do contain a lot of antioxidants.

I assumed as much, so why the rush to stuff one's face with Acai and Bilberries? Blackberries and blueberries are stuffed with the same antioxidants and anthocyanins.
 
Shalashaska said:
I assumed as much, so why the rush to stuff one's face with Acai and Bilberries? Blackberries and blueberries are stuffed with the same antioxidants and anthocyanins.

Yeah, and so are apples and oranges. Talk about a revolution.
 
I tried a product called Mona (something or other) a few years ago. It was packaged like wine - and priced about the same. The people that sold it to us said it changed their lives - all it did for us was change our bowel movements.(sorry) I did find the story interesting about the berries though - straight out of the "Medicine Man". The berries grow at the top of the trees in the rain forrest and must be harvested by hand.