Are combinations just an application of the counting principle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
skrying
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Is it fair to say combinations are just an application of the counting principle? I already understand that permutations are just an application of fundamental principle and that combinations are just an application of permutations. If it's fair to say that combinations are in fact, just an application of the counting principle, then would their be a specific formula that proves as such?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
the combination formula is : C(n,p) = (n!)/(p!)(n-p!) with n>p

is that what you have meant? :S
 
If A is completely contained in B, and B is completely contained in C, then A is completely contained in C.
 
Reply to A I and Who..

Yes, that was what I was looking for. Thank you for your help!