Are gluon lines drawn in opposite directions the same in Feynman diagrams?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ozon
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
I draw Feynman diagrams in JaxoDraw. But If I draw gluon line up to down or down to up, I get different results for gluon lines. I share a picture to explain my problem. Are these two diagrams the same?
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3184/rq9z.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You mean just that the lines appear to be spiraling clockwise vs. counter-clockwise? That makes no difference, it's just stylistic. I see no difference between these two diagrams.

I would draw the dd quarks off to the side to avoid having the lines overlapping like this, just better stylistically. But totally equivalent from a physics standpoint.

As for Jaxodraw, I'm not familiar with the software, I normally use FeynMP in Latex. But I don't think either is widely used, I wonder what the most common Feynman-diagram drawing tool is?
 
Thank you very much for your reply. Maybe this link is useful for you.
http://www.insectnation.org/howto/academic-software
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person