Are the Wronskians set up and compared in this linear independent check?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 1K views
nysnacc
Messages
184
Reaction score
3

Homework Statement


upload_2016-10-18_9-21-19.png


Homework Equations



The Attempt at a Solution


I set up the Wronskian?? and compare them?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
nysnacc said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 107662

Homework Equations



The Attempt at a Solution


I set up the Wronskian?? and compare them?
You could evaluate the Wronskian of the three functions, or you could use the definition of linear independence.
 
Isn't there a definition of linear independence in your textbook?

Note that "independence" is not a word. Whoever wrote the problem doesn't seem to be aware of this.
 
But will Wronskian easier of definition of Linear independence is more formal?
 
Forum rules require that you show some effort. I don't see any effort, just question after question. And I see the question is worth 5 points. Is this a take-home test you are supposed to work yourself?