Are There Any Books on Selecting Components for Building a Multi-Rotor Drone?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for information on how to build their first drone. They have spent 7 days gathering information and selecting components, but were criticized by others. They are now seeking recommendations for books on selecting components and have also mentioned their background in physics and math. The conversation also touches on the importance of staying updated with current technology and regulations, and suggests joining a forum for further discussions and learning.
agvarelex
I am looking for any information on how to build my first drone.

I spent 7 days gathering information, selected components I though would work together, but after that I was criticised by people who said that those components would not match.

Here is my post from reddit for example.

I described there what parts I was going to use and why I picked them.

It seems my logic behind selecting components is incomplete or simply wrong. If you know any books which may cover that topic of selecting components so they match, it will be great.

I studied physics and math, so I think I would be able to handle books with a lot of math and physics.
Thank you

Likes Lnewqban
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, agvarelex! :cool:
Things change some fast that books quickly become outdated.
Some persons have experience with what has worked for them and what has not; therefore, they tend to have a strong opinion.
That does not mean that your ideas are necessarily incorrect.

I would recommend you exposing your ideas at this forum, where persons with similar interests enjoy discussing the topic og scratch-building multi-rotor drones:
https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-electric-multirotor-drones-790/

There, you can also learn about the last regulations, if flying in USA.

Likes agvarelex

1. What factors should be considered when selecting components for a multi-rotor drone?

When selecting components for a multi-rotor drone, there are several factors that should be taken into account. These include the weight and size of the components, their compatibility with each other, the power and performance requirements of the drone, and the budget for the project.

2. Are there any specific components that are essential for building a multi-rotor drone?

Yes, there are several essential components that are necessary for building a multi-rotor drone. These include a flight controller, motors, propellers, electronic speed controllers (ESCs), and a battery. These components work together to control the flight and movement of the drone.

3. What type of battery is best for a multi-rotor drone?

The type of battery that is best for a multi-rotor drone will depend on the size and weight of the drone, as well as the desired flight time and power requirements. Generally, lithium polymer (LiPo) batteries are the most commonly used for multi-rotor drones due to their high energy density and lightweight properties.

4. How important is it to balance the weight of the components on a multi-rotor drone?

It is crucial to balance the weight of the components on a multi-rotor drone to ensure stable flight and optimal performance. Unbalanced weight distribution can cause the drone to tilt or drift, making it difficult to control. It is recommended to evenly distribute the weight of the components and make adjustments as needed.

5. Can I mix and match different brands of components for my multi-rotor drone?

It is possible to mix and match different brands of components for a multi-rotor drone, but it is important to ensure that they are compatible with each other. Some components may not work well together or may require additional adjustments or programming. It is recommended to research and consult with experts before mixing and matching components from different brands.