Are There Any Clinical Studies on the Effects of Marijuana?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Alfi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Studies
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 6K views
Alfi
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=marijuana-research

After reading this article, I tried to find any studies.

I am stunned if there really are not any studies on this substance and it's affects to the human body.

Please post any links you may know of.

I see this quoted often, but I cannot find a direct link.
As the journal Nature Medicine put it in 2003, "the endocannabinoid system has an important role in nearly every paradigm of pain, in memory, in neurodegeneration and in inflammation."
Thank you for any help in tracking down a link to the source of this quote.

or examples like this.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3358713/?tool=pubmed
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
There are 1183 hits on Pubmed for marijuana and clinical trials.
 
Monique said:
There are 1183 hits on Pubmed for marijuana and clinical trials.

Thank you.
 
It's a news article, but it doesn't cite the exact studies:
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v9/n10/full/nm1003-1227.html

You can find studies by searching PubMed for the keywords pain, memory, neurodegeneration, or inflammation and marijuana. You can use the tag [tiab] to only search the title+abstract for the keywords (thus getting more relevant results).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a news article, but it doesn't cite the exact studies:

ah ... you see my problem.

What does cite the exact studies? without a $$$ commitment?
To read this story in full you will need to login or make a payment
As the journal Nature Medicine put it in 2003, "the endocannabinoid system has an important role in nearly every paradigm of pain, in memory, in neurodegeneration and in inflammation."Thank you for any help in tracking down a link to the source of this quote.
 
Thank you.

I found that one. I was hoping to get around the $ This is very good information to help me in my investigations.
Thank you all. :)
 
Alfi said:
Thank you.

I found that one. I was hoping to get around the $


This is very good information to help me in my investigations.
Thank you all. :)
ooops, I missed that. Sorry.
 
As I mentioned, the news report is not informative as it doesn't list the citations. On PubMed there are freely accessible papers available, you can tick a box to only reveal those in your search.
 
Alfi said:
I see this quoted often, but I cannot find a direct link.

As the journal Nature Medicine put it in 2003, "the endocannabinoid system has an important role in nearly every paradigm of pain, in memory, in neurodegeneration and in inflammation."


Thank you for any help in tracking down a link to the source of this quote.


The quote you are asking about is a quote relating to the endocannabinoid system. Your research should begin with the search term, "endocannabinoid system" rather than "marijuana pain neurodegeneration inflammation".


See this, for example.
 
Granny Storm Crow's List is a fairly complete compilation of articles written about the medical use of cannabis. The January 2012 list is available at this link:

www.letfreedomgrow.com/cmu/GrannysListJan2012.pdf

Articles are grouped alphabetically by topic. It is an indispensable resource for anyone beginning research on medical marijuana.