Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are there any stats on global Internet traffic by protocol?

1. Mar 15, 2016 #1
    Just like it says on the tin. Looking for recent statistics on global traffic by various (preferably application layer) protocols (i.e., DNS, HTTP, SMTP, etc.). Closest I can find are some regional and national breakdowns, but mostly from a lay reader's point of view.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Mar 23, 2016 #3
    You may have to introduce us the software you have been experiencing with before you come to such a conclusion. For example Netfiller's subsystems. There are still many more I know. But since I don't particularly use any for my work I understand none. But I guess latest approaches to identifying which application protocol is being used in a communication channel would definitely inspire me to learn more about them and to input here some more thoughts.

5. Mar 23, 2016 #4
    No software. Looking for global trend data, which I imagine would most likely be compiled by governments or organizations like Akamai.

6. Mar 23, 2016 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted