Are There Co-op Jobs for High School Students in Computer Engineering?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
sukalp
Messages
53
Reaction score
2
I wanted to ask you when we finish high school and go to university for studying bachelor of technology in computer science are there jobs that high school students do regarding programming with companies through programming they have learn in ap courses in grade 12 that i wanted to know
 
Physics news on Phys.org
sukalp said:
I wanted to ask you when we finish high school and go to university for studying bachelor of technology in computer science are there jobs that high school students do regarding programming with companies through programming they have learn in ap courses in grade 12 that i wanted to know
I'd be very surprised to find that there are any programming jobs for high school students but I can't say for sure there are not. It's possible that you could get a co-op job as a trainee programmer while going to college but with nothing but high school I don't think you would be at all likely to have learned enough to be in competition even with graduates from the ITT type schools

EDIT: I should add that I'm talking about in the USA. I don't know about other countries.
 
It is not really programming but the only thing in can think of is helping elder people with computer problems, setting up printers, that kind of stuff
 
phinds said:
I'd be very surprised to find that there are any programming jobs for high school students but I can't say for sure there are not. It's possible that you could get a co-op job as a trainee programmer while going to college but with nothing but high school I don't think you would be at all likely to have learned enough to be in competition even with graduates from the ITT type schools

EDIT: I should add that I'm talking about in the USA. I don't know about other countries.
okay co-op job thnaks for giving information
but you know name of companies who take
 
sukalp said:
okay co-op job thnaks for giving information
but you know name of companies who take
The companies are irrelevant to the first step, which is to find a co-op college and get admitted. They each generally have arrangements with their own set of companies although possibly if you do get a particular company to agree to a co-op arrangement any school would consider it.