Are there free software and recommended books for mechanism design?

  • Thread starter Thread starter koolraj09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Design Mechanism
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
koolraj09
Messages
166
Reaction score
5
Hi guys,
Are there any free mechanism design software's. I want to test whether a mechanism would a given work or not. It's preferably a 4 bar mechanism. Also can you suggest any good books for theory of mechanism design?
Thank you in Advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I wish...
I must tell you the truth here. I'm using one of the most sophisticated home computers available (MacBook), and have even better design software on my old G3 Macs and the Lisa. I can draught stuff up in several different versions of Illustrator. When it comes down to figuring out whether or not something will work, however, I cut pieces out of cardboard and link them with thumbtacks. It it doesn't work there, it ain't going to work in a commercial environment.