Are These Animations Worth Your Time?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a flash animation video featuring a person playing a Microsoft sound file, with the participants discussing its creativity and entertainment value. They also reminisced about using similar sound programs in the past and shared their opinions on the superiority of different operating systems. One participant expressed admiration for the creator's skills and predicted a bright future for them. Overall, the conversation was light-hearted and enjoyable.
devious_
Physics news on Phys.org
Very cool.

Well, that was kinda fun.

Interesting. Nice use of the MicrosoftSound.wav, which I think is from Win2K or earlier. XP has a different sound.

i would watch it but i have no internet!

Why is this interesting in the slightest?

- Warren

chroot said:

- Warren
You're such a party pooper. I think it's quite creative.

neat! very imaginative! I am always looking for fun little movies to run before my training classes while people are arriving, and this is perfect.

It's just an animation of a person playing a tiny sound file, right? Or am I missing something?

- Warren

You may try to turn your sound on...

chroot said:

- Warren
I was wondering the same thing!
It's just an animation of a person playing a tiny sound file, right? Or am I missing something?

- Warren
Yeah - and trying to make it look like it is a screen-cap done in real-time, but it isn't.

Now, the xmas lights video clip - that took some real effort and engineering.

chroot said:
Catchy tune. :biggrin:

Hah. The first time I played it, it stopped immediately after the first "chord.wav" sound. I hit play again, and it did the same thing. So... I thought it was nothing more than a person playing a single Windows sound, which -- hopefully you all agree -- would have been pretty boring.

Now that I try to watch it again, it actually is pretty cool. :biggrin:

- Warren

chroot said:
Hah. The first time I played it, it stopped immediately after the first "chord.wav" sound. I hit play again, and it did the same thing. So... I thought it was nothing more than a person playing a single Windows sound, which -- hopefully you all agree -- would have been pretty boring.

Now that I try to watch it again, it actually is pretty cool. :biggrin:

- Warren
Good. :smile:

chroot said:
The first time I played it, it stopped immediately after the first "chord.wav" sound.

Hahaha. I would have wondered whether the people posting here were sane.

That is pretty good... I wonder how long it took to make.

rocketboy said:
That is pretty good... I wonder how long it took to make.

I am guessing that he made the song with SNDREC32.EXE a long time ago and then decided to make a flash animation for it later on. The song might have taken an hour give or take some time for experimentation and the flash animation 1-4 hours depending how much time it took to import all the objects, how fluent he was with flash, etc.

This brought back memories. A friend and I made a lot of cool stuff with that little sound program almost ten years ago. We made little songs with those sound effects too, but we quickly moved on to working with other sound files that we downloaded. Short WAV file clips and sound effects were the mp3's of the time. :smile:

I owned a Mac and, although I was convinced that it was superior in every way, it didn't come with a program like SNDREC32.EXE that could edit, apply effects, and save. Yeah, so Win95 had more games, whatever. I wanted that little sound program! Man, I'm still upset about that. :redface:

Last edited:
Very creative! I see a bright future for this person.

lol

lmoa cool and funny to me

Related to Are These Animations Worth Your Time?

What are "Kill some time animations"?

"Kill some time animations" are short, entertaining videos or graphics designed to help pass the time and provide a brief distraction from daily tasks. They can include anything from humorous cartoons to relaxing nature scenes.

How do "Kill some time animations" affect our brains?

Studies have shown that watching "kill some time animations" can have a positive effect on our brains. They can help reduce stress, improve mood, and increase creativity and productivity.

Are "Kill some time animations" addictive?

While some people may become hooked on watching "kill some time animations", they are not considered to be physically addictive. However, it is important to balance their use with other activities and responsibilities.

Can "Kill some time animations" be used as a therapeutic tool?

Yes, "kill some time animations" have been used in various forms of therapy, such as art therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy, to help patients relax, reduce anxiety, and improve focus.

How can I create my own "Kill some time animations"?

Creating "kill some time animations" can be a fun hobby or creative outlet. There are many online tools and software available for creating animations, or you can simply use your smartphone or tablet to record and edit short videos. With practice and experimentation, you can develop your own unique style and share your creations with others.