1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Are these hobby suitable for study engineering?which?

1. Dec 25, 2011 #1
    I love to play lego and make gundam robot when i was young.now i still love to built sth.Is that means i love engineering?these hobby related to mechanical or civil?want to apply uni already. but still cant decide.T.T.

thanks for helping.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 25, 2011 #2
    Liking Legos is not enough to be an engineer. Are you good at math and science? Do you like math and science, especially solving problems? This is very important to become a good engineer.

4. Dec 25, 2011 #3
    Yes,I do love science and math.besides,i love hands-on experience like build sth.so i decided to get into engineering.can u tell me more of the life of engineer/engineering students?

5. Dec 25, 2011 #4
  6. Dec 28, 2011 #5
    Debatable. Liking legos are a very good start at going into engineering :biggrin:

Hmm...I'd say Legos translates more to Mechanical Engineering (also includes building cars, motors, etc.). Unless you really like building bridges, making roads etc, I'd avoid civil (just me). Electrical is also another option.

I guess it really just depends on what you want to do. It sounds like engineering is a good fit for you, nut it may take awhile before you realize what field you really want to pursueo.

7. Dec 29, 2011 #6
  8. Dec 29, 2011 #7
  9. Dec 29, 2011 #8
    ... and, so far, has had just as much success in the search for the Higgs boson as the real thing :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook