Are you the most righteous person on the planet

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Planet
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 2K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
Or do you some times have to tell a porky pie (lie) even if it is just to keep the peace: darling how do like my hair,
oh it looks gorgeous darling, when you really think it looks awful.
Or any other white lie, to your boss, GF, spouse.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Tell the truth to your allies and deceive your adversaries.
And if your wife asks how the meal is that she just fixed for you - you may have a choice between more bad meals or no meals at all.
 
Would you believe a person who claimed to have never lied? I would not.

Who would you find most truthful, one who claimed to tell the truth, one who claimed to lie, or one who claimed nothing at all?
 
I would believe the one who said he was a liar.:eek:
 
I am predominantly a non-liar for completely selfish and amoral reasons: it's too hard to remember and maintain deceptions over time. It's just much easier to tell the truth. On the other hand, there are always times when telling the truth creates more problems than it solves under a given circumstance.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jonathan Scott, Silicon Waffle, DennisN and 1 other person
zoobyshoe said:
I am predominantly a non-liar for completely selfish and amoral reasons: it's too hard to remember and maintain deceptions over time. It's just much easier to tell the truth. On the other hand, there are always times when telling the truth creates more problems than it solves under a given circumstance.
Zooby you are as straight as a razor blade until you get nicked:biggrin:
 
zoobyshoe said:
On the other hand, there are always times when telling the truth creates more problems than it solves under a given circumstance.
I agree with this.
Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth said:
Now you're standing there tongue tied
You'd better learn your lesson well
Hide what you have to hide
And tell what you have to tell
You'll see your problems multiplied
If you continually decide
To faithfully pursue
The policy of truth
Depeche mode - Policy of Truth
 
how can I be ? I'm married ... the wife is always "right" regardless of the facts :biggrin::-p
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Silicon Waffle
The only time I lie, is when I talk about how much I lie!