Areas that Combine Chemistry and Mech Engr?

  • Topic: Chemistry 
  • Thread starter Thread starter willibre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Areas Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
willibre
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I'm dual degreeing in chemistry and ME since I didn't have a specific area of interest. I'm now a junior and am just trying to narrow down what I want to do. It would be nice to find something that utilizes what I've been learning from both majors. What are some areas (fields of study or specific jobs) that combine chemistry and ME? Much appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am a MechE and I don't know anything about chemistry but the obvious answer to me is combustion.
 
+1 on materials science. The field involves how molecules interact and react (chemistry) while also observing how those interactions affect to overall material properties (mechanical).