Arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology

In summary, the speaker is about to start their Msc in the pure maths department and wants to conduct research on arithmetic quantum chaos and its applications in number theory, gravity, and cosmology. They have found an expert in the subject at their university and plan to meet with them in September. They also want to find an advisor in the field of physics for guidance. The speaker is seeking recommendations for researchers in this area and is willing to make contact through email despite geographical barriers. They are also curious about ways to collaborate with these researchers.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
So basically I am about to embark on my Msc in the pure maths department.
Now I wish to conduct research on the subject of arithmetic quantum chaos and its applications in number theory and in gravity and cosmology.

In my university I found someone who is an expert in its applications to number theory, and I plan to arrange a meeting with him at the beginning of september.

I am really quite novice in regard of making contact with academic advisors, anyway, I think I need also an advisor who is a physicist to advise me with gravity and cosmology,
so here comes the point, I would like it if you can give me some names of people who are researching in applications of AQC to gravity and cosmology, I didn't find anyone from my university.

I know a few names, but I don't have a thorough list.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes.

BTW, can someone advise me how to make contact with people who are researching in this area?

I mean obviously the geographical barriers can be quite an obstacle (as I am form Israel, and it seems that most of the researchers are from Europe).

Obviously I can make a contact by email, but other than that I don't see how can I cooroporate with them.

1. What is arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology?

Arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology is a theoretical framework that combines principles from mathematics and physics to study the fundamental nature of the universe. It aims to unify the theories of quantum mechanics and general relativity by using concepts from arithmetic geometry and number theory.

2. How does arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology differ from other theories of quantum gravity?

Unlike other theories of quantum gravity, arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology does not rely on the concept of spacetime as a continuous manifold. Instead, it proposes a discrete structure of space and time based on arithmetic principles, such as prime numbers and the Riemann zeta function.

3. What are the implications of arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology?

The implications of this theory are still under debate and exploration. However, it has the potential to provide a more complete understanding of the universe and potentially solve some long-standing problems in physics, such as the unification of quantum mechanics and general relativity, the nature of dark matter and dark energy, and the origin of the universe.

4. How is arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology being tested?

Since arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology is a relatively new theory, it is still in the early stages of testing. Currently, researchers are using mathematical and computational methods to explore its implications and make predictions that can be tested through observations and experiments.

5. What are the potential applications of arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology?

If proven to be a valid theory, arithmetic quantum gravity and cosmology could have significant implications for technology and our understanding of the universe. It could potentially lead to the development of new technologies, such as quantum computers, and shed light on some of the most fundamental questions about the nature of reality.