As a poll solely for statistical purposes

In summary, the conversation was about the different temperaments and personality types of people who use a particular website. The question was raised about the frequency distribution of "Keirsey" Temperaments, specifically if the majority of the site's users were INTPs or INTJs. The conversation also touched on the accuracy and usefulness of personality tests in determining one's true personality. Overall, the conversation was a mix of personal experiences and opinions about personality types and their role in daily life and interactions.

What NT are you?

• Total voters
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
22 89 1 11

:confused:

--J

Physics news on Phys.org
franznietzsche said:
Watch in buddy, those of us who have played might get offended.

I loved palying hockey when i was younger, but Southern california doesn't have much in the way of high school leagues :grumpy: :grumpy: so i haven't played in a while.

I'm speaking as in mostly extrovert.

An introverted hockey player is freaking rare.

JasonRox said:
I'm speaking as in mostly extrovert.

An introverted hockey player is freaking rare.

Well, i haven't played in a long time, but hi.

Introverted doesn't mean shy. I'm just disdainful and elitist.

This morning I was ENTP, tonight I was ENTJ. I read through the different descriptions and I just wonder why everything said is flattering. No matter what you come up with on this test you'll feel good about yourself after reading the description. I'm compared to Walt Disney or Bill Gates or George Bernard Shaw. Where's the list with Loreena Bobbit or John Wayne Gacy or Ike Turner?

tribdog said:
This morning I was ENTP, tonight I was ENTJ. I read through the different descriptions and I just wonder why everything said is flattering. No matter what you come up with on this test you'll feel good about yourself after reading the description. I'm compared to Walt Disney or Bill Gates or George Bernard Shaw. Where's the list with Loreena Bobbit or John Wayne Gacy or Ike Turner?
In previous tests I was an INTJ. I've actually been through the real full blown version of this through my old company several times. Same thing with the DISC personalitiy tests. I get a different score each time I take them, it depends on my mood.

The tests are fun to take but I can't believe companies pay to have employees take these things.

tribdog said:

Loreena bobbit.

John Wayne Gacy?

Hit me again Ike! *waits for someone to recognize reference*

Evo said:
I get a different score each time I take them, it depends on my mood.

I think that's called multiple-personality disorder.

franznietzsche said:
Loreena bobbit.

John Wayne Gacy?

go back to bed. what the heck are you saying in your post? Do you need help to figure out who these people are, or do you just want to take credit for my Ike reference?
Loreena Bobbit cut off her husband's penis.
John Wayne Gacy was a clown and a mass murderer.

tribdog said:
go back to bed. what the heck are you saying in your post? Do you need help to figure out who these people are, or do you just want to take credit for my Ike reference?
Loreena Bobbit cut off her husband's penis.
John Wayne Gacy was a clown and a mass murderer.

I know who loreena bobbit was, there was supposed to be a rofl smiley after that.

John wayne gacy i didn't know.

Twas a quote from Liar liar.

franznietzsche said:
Loreena bobbit.

John Wayne Gacy?

can't forget ike and tina turner

/as he sips his ensure and adjusts his depends

franznietzsche said:
Hit me again Ike!
..."and this time put some stank on it!"

I B INTJ. So it looks like the assumption of the original poster was correct...I think only one person so far hasn't been type 'NT'. Here are PF, we are the majority! :devil:

Edit:

Joe Butt :biggrin: says: http://typelogic.com/intj.html

(poor guy)

Okay I'll grow up now.

Last edited:
*Just added a poll; I'm an INTP

What about all the new guys on PF ?

(:biggrin: Has the NT concentration decreased? :biggrin:)

Last edited:
i get INFP, so I'm the only one who's got an F eh... i can't even vote in the poll.. hmph. what do the percentages mean?

... is the answer 5?

Pengwuino said:
... is the answer 5?
Yes. Was the question "What page is this?"?

Only four people have voted in nine months?

he just added a poll recently... and sides, i can't vote in it cause I'm too emotional...

also, only 1 percent of the population is like me..

Last edited:
Gale said:
he just added a poll recently... and sides, i can't vote in it cause I'm too emotional...

also, only 1 percent of the population is like me..
Ah, that explains the results. People like you break out into tears and can never enter their results. As a result, people like you are constantly under represented in polls - people like you probably make up the majority of the population.

tribdog said:
If it makes you feel any better, Wile E Coyote is an ENTP. So is Garfield (both the cat and the president, oddly enough).

Hmm Not that it means anything, but in the politics forum I have the personality of a pit bull. In general discussion I am more like a golden retriever. ARRRFFF

PS what exactly are meat byproducts?:tongue2:

BobG said:
Ah, that explains the results. People like you break out into tears and can never enter their results. As a result, people like you are constantly under represented in polls - people like you probably make up the majority of the population.

haha... ouch! being emotional doesn't just mean i cry a lot you know! at any rate, I'm a super hero.

I'm going to guess INTP. I'm also going to guess that this is mostly crap, but there is a lull in the football games right now, so I'll take the test and get back to you.

Well, I was close. INTJ, but only 1% J.

Gale said:
i get INFP, so I'm the only one who's got an F eh... i can't even vote in the poll.. hmph. what do the percentages mean?

If I could, I'd alter the poll :redface: But as it stands, I cannot edit the poll once it has been developed as such! :frown:

-Then again, maybe we can ask Greg-->if he can add an "other/non-NT" option :bugeye:

Anyway, I'm an INTP---->

i.e., "Introverted Thinking" + "Extraverted Intuition"

------------------------------------------------------

Now, if someone can tell me exactly what the difference between Ne (extraverted intuition) and Ni (introverted intuition) :biggrin:,
because
Extraverted Intuition (Ne) = unconscious perceptual experience: focuses on the contextual pattern that relates otherwise disparate facts to each other, increasing the possibilities for change

Introverted Intuition (Ni) = unconscious perceptual impressions: focuses on the potential relationship of existing perceptual meaning to alternate interpretive possibilities

is rather broad and makes little sense :frown:

Last edited:
I don't like this test. It says my preference to think is only 1%. But anyway, I could have gone either way on so many of the questions I could do the test again and get the opposite answer.

took a quick online test. ENTP apparently. I was pretty sure I was an ENTF myself, but oh well.

My thinking margrin was only 1% as well. I'm sure that's inaccurate.

Apparently i am an ENFJ and that's not on the poll! What the hell does that random babble mean anyway?

Smurf said:
took a quick online test. ENTP apparently. I was pretty sure I was an ENTF myself, but oh well.
My thinking margrin was only 1% as well. I'm sure that's inaccurate.

No such thing as an "ENTF"--->

only an ENTP or ENTJ...
or ENFP or ENFJ :rolleyes:

Andy said:
Apparently i am an ENFJ and that's not on the poll! What the hell does that random babble mean anyway?
As I said before, there's no option to change the poll once it has been created :redface:

ENFP, sorry.

We think and feel, don't we all?

bomba923 said:
We think and feel, don't we all?
if only that were true. I'm pretty sure there are some who don't perceive much either.

Back