1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aspiring to get an M.S. in Chemical Engineering

1. Feb 26, 2012 #1
    I have an A.S. in Chemistry and a B.S. in Mathematics and I am considering trying to earn a master's degree in chemical engineer. After working for an analytical lab for six months in sample receipt and prep I have spent a lot of time trying to find ways to improve my career. I understand that there is most likely a lot of work and time that I will have to put in to achieve this goal, but I was wondering what I can do to properly prepare myself. I have taken general and organic chemistry and one freshman level engineering class. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2012 #2
    Have a look at the websites of some chemical engineering programs you are interested in. They usually have a list of "deficiency courses" for graduates with degrees in other majors that need to be completed to study for and earn a masters degree in chemical engineering.

With your background, I would guess you would be asked to take about 12-18 semester hours of junior & senior level chemical engineering courses as part of your program.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook