Associating Google account with PF

• Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of connecting a Google Account with PF. There was a question raised about whether sharing the profile picture from Google would replace the current avatar on PF. The conclusion was that this would not happen as long as the user already has an avatar. The benefits of connecting the accounts were also discussed, including quick registration and login. The conversation also briefly touched on the background image behind the avatar, which is called 'Cover'.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I recently found that I can connect my Google Account with PF. On the Google sign in page, it says,

1573537353768.png

I don't have a problem with sharing the first three, but sharing the profile picture brings up one question: Is my current avatar going to be replaced by the profile picture from Google?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm I don’t think so if you already have one. The only real benefit is quick register and login.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Wrichik Basu said:
my current avatar
And here's me thinking you have a biological kind of avatar -- nostrils of some sea life or so...

By the way: how do you get the chilly picture behind the avatar (which I at first saw as 'ocean' )

[edit] found it. It's called 'Cover' (but lives in the background 😄 )

Last edited:
Likes Wrichik Basu

What is the purpose of associating a Google account with PF?

Associating a Google account with PF allows you to easily access your PF account and its features using your existing Google credentials. It also allows for seamless integration with other Google services and platforms.

How do I associate my Google account with PF?

To associate your Google account with PF, simply go to the PF website and click on the "Sign in with Google" button. You will be prompted to enter your Google login information and then your PF account will be linked to your Google account.

Can I associate multiple Google accounts with PF?

Yes, you can associate multiple Google accounts with PF. This can be useful if you have multiple PF accounts or if you want to access your PF account from different devices.

Is associating my Google account with PF safe and secure?

Yes, associating your Google account with PF is safe and secure. PF uses industry-standard security measures to protect your account and personal information. Additionally, by using your Google account, you are also benefiting from Google's advanced security features.

What happens if I change my Google account password?

If you change your Google account password, your PF account will still be associated with your Google account. However, you will need to use your new password to access your PF account. It is important to keep your Google account password secure to protect your PF account as well.