[Astrophysics] Topics for Academic Projects

warhammer
I've sought admission to a Master's Program in a foreign country. One of the requirements to get funding is to propose a detailed scientific project that the student would possibly carry out under one of the advisors.

The Astrophysics topics that could fall into this are under the broad brush of "project based on astrophysical observations from space". My interests, and what I aim to do a PhD in eventually are these following areas: Galactic Evolution, Stellar Formation-Evolution Feedback, SNR dynamics, usage of 21cm HI line & thermal SZ, generally speaking. How this would work is I could either be extremely specific about the project itself or just mention the said area in my application & then hash out the details in pivot with my advisor (who would come into the picture once I propose the area/project). This is under the larger aegis of their Space Academy so the pool of advisors connected to varied topics is huge & the possibility that there might not be an advisor for an XYZ topic is remote.

Now I have an informal greenlight to do a project under the area of Galactic-Stellar-Evolution with a possible connection to Galactic Archaeology via the data from Gaia Mission/upcoming Plato mission (this also fits with the project call given in double quotes above).

I was wondering if my dear PF community members could advise if this is a good choice for a given project under the aforementioned area or alternatively suggest another area/project I should look at. I just felt like discussing it all here.

Likes otiiblaq