At GMU Law, puppies ease the stress of law school finals

In summary: If they really want to relieve stress for students they should just hand out liquor and prostitutes. :rolleyes:
rhody
Gold Member
This story is right in so many ways I can't stand it.

Reducing stress before an exam has been proven to help students, focus and concentrate, resulting in better grades. Using puppies to do so is a stroke of genius, IMHO. What a cute bunch...
Thursday was the second time GMU’s law school partnered with a Chantilly-based rescue group for “puppy day.”

Linda Davidson / The Washington Post

Rhody... :biggrin: o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm unable to access the story somehow, but that makes perfect sense to me! Sweet!

fuzzyfelt said:
I'm unable to access the story somehow, but that makes perfect sense to me! Sweet!
Fuzzy,

If you are at work, they may block the slideshow viewer. If not, then your ISP may be doing it. It is worth waiting for, the pictures are adorable. Try a search from google on this story, there may be other sites carrying it that are not blocked.

Rhody...

I've managed! And they were worth the wait. Wonderful images-such cute puppies! Thanks, rhody :)

What if you hate puppies? Then that just makes you more stressed.

pergradus said:
What if you hate puppies? Then that just makes you more stressed.
If you hate puppies, then you deserve to fail your finals. :grumpy:

turbo said:

Good answer! :)

turbo said:
:rofl:

Rhody...

Puppies = little wiggly bits of unconditional love. Maybe messy and noisy at times, but still hard to resist if you are human.

Got finals coming up? Come rent my dog for only $1000 an afternoon. You can study on the deck (it's cold out there these days), but he will stay with you, if you have some biscuits for him. Otherwise, he will want to come inside with me.

dukerope.jpg

I'm telling you that there is a 1 point GPA increase available if you just pick a doggy study partner...

BTW, I think that his full title is doggie Emeritus. It's hard to nail that down, though.

turbo said:
Puppies = little wiggly bits of unconditional love. Maybe messy and noisy at times, but still hard to resist if you are human.

Don't really like them. Kittens on the other hand... :!)

pergradus said:
Don't really like them. Kittens on the other hand... :!)

Thursday was the second time GMU’s law school partnered with a Chantilly-based rescue group for “puppy day.”
Rumor has it that next year, the rescue group will be bringing kittens instead, does that work for you pergradus ?

Rhody...

rhody said:
Rumor has it that next year, the rescue group will be bringing kittens instead, does that work for you pergradus ?

Rhody...

If they really want to relieve stress for students they should just hand out liquor and prostitutes.

1. How do puppies help ease the stress of law school finals?

Puppies have been shown to have a calming effect on humans, helping to reduce stress and anxiety. Their presence can also distract from the pressure of finals and provide a much needed break.

2. Are the puppies provided by the school or do students bring their own?

The puppies at GMU Law are provided by the school. The law school partners with a local animal shelter to bring in puppies for students to interact with during finals week.

3. Can students spend unlimited time with the puppies?

While it may be tempting to spend all day with the adorable puppies, there is a designated time limit for each student to spend with them. This allows all students to have a chance to interact with the puppies.

4. Do students have to pay to spend time with the puppies?

No, spending time with the puppies is completely free for GMU Law students. The law school covers the cost of bringing in the puppies and students are welcome to visit as many times as they would like during the designated time slots.

5. Are there any rules or guidelines for interacting with the puppies?

Yes, there are guidelines in place to ensure the safety and well-being of both the students and the puppies. These guidelines include washing hands before and after interacting with the puppies, being gentle and respectful with the puppies, and refraining from bringing in any food or drink near the puppies.