Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to attend the final shuttle launch, the cost of the trip, and the uncertainty of the funding for the launch. It is suggested to consider the cost and potential ways to save money before making a decision to attend. It is also mentioned that finding a travel buddy could help with costs.
QuarkCharmer
I want to make it out to the final shuttle launch, but this would be a rather costly trip for me to make. The shuttle Endeavor is scheduled for Monday which might be the last launch, but the Atlantis is scheduled for June 28, if it is funded.

What should I do? I haven't been to the space center since I was a child, and it's just one of those things that I want to be able to say that I attended. Do you think the Atlantis will even meet funding? It's just scheduled to drop off a logistics module.

Physics news on Phys.org
Who knows...I wish I could be there to see any launch.

It's understandable that you want to attend the final shuttle launch, especially since you haven't been to the space center since you were a child. However, it's important to consider the cost of the trip and whether it's worth it for you.

As for the funding of the Atlantis launch, it's hard to say for sure. With the current state of the economy, it's possible that funding for the launch may not come through. It's always a risk when planning trips like this, but it's ultimately up to you to decide if you want to take that risk.

If you do decide to go for it, there are some ways you can try to save money on the trip. Look for deals on flights and hotels, and consider staying a bit further away from the space center to save on accommodations. You could also try to find a travel buddy to split the costs with.

Ultimately, attending the final shuttle launch is a personal decision and only you can decide if it's worth it for you. Just remember to consider the cost and potential risks before making your decision. Good luck!

1. What is the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event?

The "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event is the final launch of NASA's space shuttle program, which is scheduled to take place on July 8, 2011. It marks the end of an era in human spaceflight and is considered a historic event.

2. Where is the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event taking place?

The "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event is taking place at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA.

3. How can I attend the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event?

Tickets for the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event are available for purchase through the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex website. However, due to high demand, tickets may be limited and sold out quickly.

4. Can I watch the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event online?

Yes, the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event will be live streamed on NASA's website and social media channels. You can also watch it on television through various news channels that will be covering the event.

5. What is the significance of the "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event?

The "Attend or Miss Out: Final Shuttle Launch" event marks the end of NASA's space shuttle program, which has been in operation for over 30 years. It is a significant event in the history of human spaceflight and symbolizes the end of an era and the beginning of a new chapter in space exploration.