Australia predicts China passes US by 2015

The Smoking Man said:
And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar - Freud

If you believe you are capable of expressing your thoughts clearly and concisely, how is it that every few posts you condemn all the other posters in general for their inability to understand what you meant?

So ... I guess it is you who keeps expressing the argumentum ad populum and I was just expressing an alternate perception.

eg.
:rofl: you make as much sense as a soup sandwich....there is no way I made an any kind of appeal to such a logical fallacy and you CLEARLY and undeniably did just that. Face it dude...you were schooled!!!!!

Townsend said:
:rofl: you make as much sense as a soup sandwich....there is no way I made an any kind of appeal to such a logical fallacy and you CLEARLY and undeniably did just that. Face it dude...you were schooled!!!!!
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.

The Smoking Man said:
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.
I don't say so, the defintion of the fallacy argumentum ad populum says so.

In logic, an appeal to belief (also called the appeal to the majority or the argumentum ad populum) is a logical fallacy that is committed when someone asserts that a proposition should be held to be true, or more plausible, merely because it is widely believed.
Which is precisely what the following is:
TSM said:
Chances are, when that many flies observe the steaming pile ... their assessment is usually correct.

Townsend said:
I don't say so, the defintion of the fallacy argumentum ad populum says so.

Which is precisely what the following is:
So who are you arguing with now Townsend?

The Smoking Man said:
I am explaining something to you that you seem to be either unable to understand or unwilling to accept ....that is not what I would call an argument, TSM, would you?

Townsend said:
I am explaining something to you that you seem to be either unable to understand or unwilling to accept ....that is not what I would call an argument, TSM, would you?
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.

The Smoking Man said:
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.
I don't say so and it is not my logic, it is the definition and I am only showing you how it applies to what you said....why don't quit acting like a kid and stop saying "I bow to your logic." When you know full well that that statement is in it self a ridiculous statement and makes no sense. Or perhaps you don't realize that and I have been giving to far too much credit.... :grumpy:

Townsend said:
I don't say so and it is not my logic, it is the definition and I am only showing you how it applies to what you said....why don't quit acting like a kid and stop saying "I bow to your logic." When you know full well that that statement is in it self a ridiculous statement and makes no sense. Or perhaps you don't realize that and I have been giving to far too much credit.... :grumpy:

The Smoking Man said:
No one.....I am have just made the mistake of wasting my time trying to explain a simple concept to a broken record.

Last edited:
Townsend said:
No one.....I am have just made the mistake of wasting my time trying to explain a simple concept to a broken record.
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.

The Smoking Man said:
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.
If that is so then why don't shut up already.... :grumpy: You're worse than a 4 year old :yuck:

You are in no way even remotely funny....

Townsend said:
If that is so then why don't shut up already.... :grumpy: You're worse than a 4 year old :yuck:

You are in no way even remotely funny....
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.

Skyhunter
The Smoking Man said:
If you say so Townsend.

I bow to your logic.

Continue.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: touche'

w00t for china, now we will be planning our vacations in china

Lisa! said:
Sorry I misread your post, but could you please tell me about the other countries with high IQs?
National IQ averages of every country in the world: http://www.rlynn.co.uk/pages/article_intelligence/t4.asp [Broken]

China is two points above U.S.A., but some 6 points below Japan and the Koreas. CNN and Fox News are helping make Americans stupid. Say no to the Neo-Conservative/Liberal monopoly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friendly Immigrant said:
National IQ averages of every country in the world: http://www.rlynn.co.uk/pages/article_intelligence/t4.asp [Broken]

China is two points above U.S.A., but some 6 points below Japan and the Koreas. CNN and Fox News are helping make Americans stupid. Say no to the Neo-Conservative/Liberal monopoly.
While I agree with saying no to both the repubs and the dems I cannot for the life me see how a news station can really have an impact on anyone's IQ let alone on the national average IQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Townsend said:
While I agree with saying no to both the repubs and the dems I cannot for the life me see how a news station can really have an impact on anyone's IQ let alone on the national average IQ.
Hence the need for a tongue-in-cheek smiley. :rolleyes:

Skyhunter
Townsend said:
IQ tests are designed to test intelligence. However the more knowledge a person has, the better they will score. My IQ scores (based on the Iowa basics) increased every test I took.

I think it has more to do with the culture of intellectual laziness. People just believe what the read/hear without making an effort to be critical and question the information they are given and find out what the whole story is.

Here is a good example of a smear campaign using disinformation.

Cindy Sheehan said:
take responsibility partly for my son’s death, too. I was raised in a country by a public school system that taught us that America was good, that America was just. America has been killing people, like my sister over here says, since we first stepped on this continent, we have been responsible for death and destruction. I passed on that bull**** to my son and my son enlisted. I’m going all over the country telling moms: “This country is not worth dying for. If we’re attacked, we would all go out. We’d all take whatever we had. I’d take my rolling pin and I’d beat the attackers over the head with it. But we were not attacked by Iraq. {applause} We might not even have been attacked by Osama bin Laden if {applause}. 9/11 was their Pearl Harbor to get their neo-con agenda through and, if I would have known that before my son was killed, I would have taken him to Canada. I would never have let him go and try and defend this morally repugnant system we have. The people are good, the system is morally repugnant. {applause}
Now the country she said was not worth dying for was Iraq.

Now do this google search: Cindy Sheehan fox "America is not worth dying for"

And see how her statement has been taken out of context by FOX news so that now the right wing bloggers and radio are quoting her as saying, "America is not worth dying for".

This is just the most recent example of disinformation, and it happens on the left as well. I just got back from a red state and 4 out of 5 people there believe that she was talking about America, when obviously when you read the whole statement in context, that is not what she was saying.

I am used to this tactic in political campaigns, but when it is coming from a supposedly objective "news" source :eek: well do I really need to spell it out?

Ok I will.... pee are oh pee ay gee ay en dee ay

Skyhunter said:
pee are oh pee ay gee ay en dee ay
Am I suppose to know what the last line means? :rofl:

Townsend said:
Am I suppose to know what the last line means? :rofl:
Try saying it out loud :rolleyes:

kat
9/11 was their Pearl Harbor to get their neo-con agenda through and, if I would have known that before my son was killed, I would have taken him to Canada. I would never have let him go and try and defend this morally repugnant system we have. The people are good, the system is morally repugnant
good example of leftist propaganda. She was going to take him to Canada to prevent him for volunteering to fight in Iraq..twice..and then further volunteering...even when asked whether he was sure he wanted to...volunteering to go on the mission that killed him.
Why is she paralleling her sons volunteer actions in something he believed in with the vietnam war when people were beating the draft by going to Canada? Nice bit of propoganda at your sons expense there mz sheehan.

The Smoking Man said:
Try saying it out loud :rolleyes:
What were you saying about the tongue in cheek smiley? :rolleyes:

Archon
kat said:
good example of leftist propaganda. She was going to take him to Canada to prevent him for volunteering to fight in Iraq..twice..and then further volunteering...even when asked whether he was sure he wanted to...volunteering to go on the mission that killed him.
Why is she paralleling her sons volunteer actions in something he believed in with the vietnam war when people were beating the draft by going to Canada? Nice bit of propoganda at your sons expense there mz sheehan.
Propaganda? I don't follow.

She's saying that she would have taken her son to Canada had she known what she knows now about the war in Iraq. This isn't the same as the government deliberately spinning and manipulating facts to convince people of something. She's just expressing an opinion.

Presumably, her son didn't know this either when he enlisted, or the two of them would now be in Canada. So yes, he believed in the cause when he signed up to fight. But that's not what she's talking about: she's saying that if she had known (and this applies to a lot of soldiers), she wouldn't have supported the war. After all, many soldiers signed up because Hussein posed a threat to the United States, and because he had weapons of mass destruction, right? Neither of these were the case.

Also, something tells that she wasn't making some subtle comparison to Vietnam when she said that she would have taken her son to Canada. :rolleyes:

Archon
Townsend said:
What were you saying about the tongue in cheek smiley? :rolleyes:
p-r-o-p-a-g-a-n-d-a. See?

kat
Archon said:
Propaganda? I don't follow.

She's saying that she would have taken her son to Canada had she known what she knows now about the war in Iraq. This isn't the same as the government deliberately spinning and manipulating facts to convince people of something. She's just expressing an opinion.

Presumably, her son didn't know this either when he enlisted, or the two of them would now be in Canada. So yes, he believed in the cause when he signed up to fight. But that's not what she's talking about: she's saying that if she had known (and this applies to a lot of soldiers), she wouldn't have supported the war. After all, many soldiers signed up because Hussein posed a threat to the United States, and because he had weapons of mass destruction, right? Neither of these were the case.

Also, something tells that she wasn't making some subtle comparison to Vietnam when she said that she would have taken her son to Canada. :rolleyes:
lol, she is manipulating the facts. She's suggesting her grown son would not have re-enlisted to fight in Iraq...a second time had she known what she "knows now". Sorry, but her son..went to Iraq once, chose to go twice and then CHOSE to volunteer for a very risky mission, even after being asked if he was sure he wanted to. Her political outlook hasn't changed based on her sons death, it's always been exactly where it is now. She's not new to the side that she's speaking for. Is there any proof that she...ever supported the war, lol :yuck:

Last edited: