Awesome geeky show: The Big Bang Theory

In summary: interesting. I don't know if I would call it nerdy though. It seems like it is more of a passion thing. It's not like people go around repeating definitions of words to each other like Sheldon does. It's more like they have a deep understanding of the subject.It is... interesting. I don't know if I would call it nerdy though. It seems like it is more of a passion thing. It's not like people go around repeating definitions of words to each other like Sheldon does. It's more like they have a deep understanding of the subject.
Back to the show - did they like cancel it after a couple episodes? I know they showed it on TV in my country (South Africa) and then *poof* .. it disappeared.

Physics news on Phys.org
Shahil said:
Back to the show - did they like cancel it after a couple episodes? I know they showed it on TV in my country (South Africa) and then *poof* .. it disappeared.
No, I just saw the latest episode.

New episode is coming up this Monday! If you can't get it in your country check Cbs website. They have em there online.

I'm like so watching the new episode :biggrin:

I think that intelligence is relative to some.
I also think that this show did a great job choosing different types of "geeks" to be friends.

Wolowitz is the fantastical, delusional romantic aspect that some "geeks" are known to display. There is a video I watched today of a Japanese man "marrying" a character from a video game.

Raj has a pathological complex with which he cannot speak to women. Although this might not be a common complex, many persons with a high IQ are shown to have awkward social tendencies.

Sheldon also portrays a social awkwardness by not being able to tell when one is being serious or sarcastic, although he can understand the inner workings of quantum mechanics like the back of his hand. He also has obsessive compulsive disorder, which may be a handicap, but possibly enhances his analytic nature and adds to his "genius".

Leonard is also a physicist, but seems to display a more sociable personality, and therefore adds a certain dynamic/bridge between the geeks and the "normal people", per se.

In conclusion, I do not believe that the intention of the show was to be as exact as possible, or even as realistic as possible, or even to "make fun of geeks". It was simply intended to show people how diverse and inaccurate the definition of "geek" is. The show would not be as much of a success if a single character had been excluded.