1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering B.Eng in Engineering Physics advice

1. Apr 6, 2012 #1
    Hey everyone,

B.Eng in Enginering Physics sounds like a really good degree when searching on internet.
    What do you guys think ? Do you know anyone ?
    Where do then end up in career or jobs ?
    What can I one opt for masters in ?

Thanks !

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2012 #2
    Get bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.

Get masters in Engineering Physics.

Colorado school of Mines and Embry Riddle have solid Engineering Physics Master's programs.

4. Apr 8, 2012 #3
    @KidWonder

Well I will be getting the degree from Germany.

Can it be vice versa ( How about bachelors in Engineering Physics) and Master in Mechanical Engineering ?

5. Apr 8, 2012 #4
    I wouldn't recommend doing it vice versa, simply because Mechanical Engineering is a broad study and you shouldn't have a problem finding a job if a problem occurs where you are not able to obtain your Masters.

Get bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, where you will learn the basic fundamentals of physics, machinery, thermodynamics, fluidynamics, and etc.

Engineering Physics is basically applied Physics. I think companies would rather higher pure physicist or pure engineers rather than an EP.

If you really love Physics and Engineering just get a bachelors in Physics and get Masters in Engineering.

Not to say employers will be scoffing at you because you have an EP degree, I just don't think it's safe.

But whatever floats your boat. If you really like EP, than go ahead and study it! You can be very successful with any degree. Just work hard.

Good luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook