Bachelor's in Physics: Jobs with Just a Bachelor's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
leroyjenkens
Messages
621
Reaction score
49
Are there any jobs that I could get relating to physics with just a bachelor's in physics? I would like to get a bachelor's in physics and be able to use that to get a decent job until I get a masters or whatever. Is that possible? It seems like any job relating to physics, you would need to be a PhD or something like that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is there any particular reason why you want to work between getting a bachelors and a masters? Why not just go directly into a masters or PhD program after earning your bachelors?
 
bcbwilla said:
Is there any particular reason why you want to work between getting a bachelors and a masters? Why not just go directly into a masters or PhD program after earning your bachelors?

I'm working now and I don't like the current job I have. I was hoping to be able to get a slightly better one with my bachelors. I'd still be going to school while working.
 
leroyjenkens said:
I'm working now and I don't like the current job I have. I was hoping to be able to get a slightly better one with my bachelors. I'd still be going to school while working.

In most cases, if you are pursing a masters or PhD in physics you will be working at the school, either as a teaching assistant or research assistant. I would think that most physics graduate programs would not want a graduate student working outside of school.