Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Back to school after 2 decades

1. May 15, 2010 #1
    so.. err A few years back I left the military service, since I have wanted to start over so to speak.

I have a large background in electrical theory and working with radios, avionics systems and radar.

I am not good at math calculation though I understad most math concepts.

I wish for a minor in physics for gp(it fascinates me) and also I would like to help work in the field of nano tech and condensed matter as practical research for the devlopepment of power gereration and storage.

What kinda major am I looking for. Also would it be worth my time to take some starter course's offered by a local community collages for areas in math I suck in?

getting old at upper mid 30s so I plan to start this year.

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2010 #2

phyzguy

Science Advisor

I went back to physics graduate school in my 50's about 1-1/2 years ago, so it can be done. I definitely advise you to do whatever you can to upgrade your math skills, including courses at community college, online courses, or just self-study online. It sounds like a physics or applied physics major is what you're looking for.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook