1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Back to school after 2 decades

1. May 15, 2010 #1
    so.. err A few years back I left the military service, since I have wanted to start over so to speak.

I have a large background in electrical theory and working with radios, avionics systems and radar.

I am not good at math calculation though I understad most math concepts.

I wish for a minor in physics for gp(it fascinates me) and also I would like to help work in the field of nano tech and condensed matter as practical research for the devlopepment of power gereration and storage.

What kinda major am I looking for. Also would it be worth my time to take some starter course's offered by a local community collages for areas in math I suck in?

getting old at upper mid 30s so I plan to start this year.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2010 #2

Science Advisor

I went back to physics graduate school in my 50's about 1-1/2 years ago, so it can be done. I definitely advise you to do whatever you can to upgrade your math skills, including courses at community college, online courses, or just self-study online. It sounds like a physics or applied physics major is what you're looking for.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook