Bechelor in Engeeniring Physics- Germany

In summary, the study program at Oldenburg focuses on theoretical and mathematical physics, engineering courses, and a master's thesis. It is possible to specialize in different areas, depending on the courses taken during the last two years of the program.
jenia1
Hello all, I am not sure this question fits to this section of the forum, but i thought still to try since i really don't know where to ask it.

im planning to start in 2 months studying Bechalor in engeeniring physics in Germany,
thing is I am not sure which subjects will i be able to apply later for Master degree.

my main interest now is renewable energies, but i would appreciate any other information about which other subjects i will be able to learn afterwards.

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hm, can you post a link to some kind of study plan or maybe describe what's included? In Sweden (which is where I'm from) Engineering Physics is a 5 year degree programme, where the first 3 years basically is a mix of pure/theoretical physics and mathematics, along with a few typical "engineering courses", like "control engineering", electrotechnology, programming and computer science, applied mechanics and such.

Then, during the end of the third year, you choose a specialization towards anything from pure mathematics or theoretical astrophysics to computer science or marine systems... During the two last years you take courses within your specialization and get and make a master's thesis in it. Here's a link: http://www.kth.se/student/kurser/program/CTFYS/ht11/arskurs1?l=en

Generally speaking it's a very intense and theoretical degree programme and you can concentrate towards almost anything, depending on what courses you pick the last years.

But it may be different from the typical engineering physics degree in Germany?

This really depends on whether you will be getting a B.Eng or a B.Sc. degree, and not just that, but it also depends on the content of the degree.

Some universities (e.g. TUM) offer specialization courses during the 5th and 6th semesters, which cover different aspects of physics, from materials science to energy related courses.

If you decide not to go for an M.Sc. in Engineering Physics, you can also enroll (for example) in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering master programme, though you might have to take a few additional courses.

I doubt that anyone can answer this for you except faculty at the schools involved. Exactly what course at one college will be accepted at the second college depends pretty much on the second college- unless there is a specific agreement between the two colleges, the second can accept or reject whatever they want.

tnx HallsofIvy ,

but then again. here is the study program http://www.ep.uni-oldenburg.de/53280.html

i wonder if anybody who studied this subject in other Uni's that can tell me very GENERALLY
how does the study program looks to him?

Thanks.

bump?

ms in engineering physics

dark-knight said:
ms in engineering physics

and how about other subjects?

1. What is a Bachelor in Engineering Physics degree?

A Bachelor in Engineering Physics degree is an undergraduate program that combines elements of both engineering and physics. It prepares students to apply principles of physics to the design, development, and maintenance of various technologies.

2. Why study Engineering Physics in Germany?

Germany is a leading country in the field of engineering and technology, making it an excellent choice for studying Engineering Physics. German universities have strong academic programs and state-of-the-art facilities, and graduates from German universities are highly sought after by employers.

3. What are the admission requirements for a Bachelor in Engineering Physics program in Germany?

The admission requirements for a Bachelor in Engineering Physics program in Germany may vary depending on the university, but generally, applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent, and may also be required to take an entrance exam and provide proof of proficiency in the German language.

4. What career opportunities are available for graduates with a Bachelor in Engineering Physics degree?

Graduates with a Bachelor in Engineering Physics degree have a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as aerospace, energy, telecommunications, and more. They can work as engineers, researchers, consultants, or pursue further studies in graduate programs.

5. How long does it take to complete a Bachelor in Engineering Physics program in Germany?

The duration of a Bachelor in Engineering Physics program in Germany is typically three years. However, some universities may offer a four-year program with an optional one-year internship, which can extend the program to five years.