Engeeniring Physics Bachelor question

In summary, the conversation discusses the question of which subjects will be applicable for a Master's degree in renewable energies. The person is planning to study Bachelor in engineering physics in Germany and is unsure about the prerequisites for the Master's degree. They mention their interest in renewable energies and ask for information about other subjects that they can learn. The other person suggests looking at the requirements for the Master's degree, but the person states that not all institutions specify the prerequisites clearly. They also mention the possibility of learning about databases.
jenia1
Hello all, I am not sure this question fits to this section of the forum, but i thought still to try since i really don't know where to ask it.

im planning to start in 2 months studying Bechalor in engeeniring physics in Germany,
thing is I am not sure which subjects will i be able to apply later for Master degree.

my main interest now is renewable energies, but i would appreciate any other information about which other subjects i will be able to learn afterwards.

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked at the requirements for the Masters degree? I would expect them to post the require prerequisites somewhere.

thanks for your reply.
not all of them have. and those who do don't specifz it too well..
i was reffering mostly for somekinda Databases perhaps? if such things even exist?

Thanks.

1. What is engineering physics?

Engineering physics is a multidisciplinary field that combines principles from physics, mathematics, and engineering to solve complex problems in technology and industry.

2. What skills do I need to become an engineering physics major?

Some important skills for engineering physics majors include a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and strong communication and teamwork skills.

3. What career opportunities are available for engineering physics graduates?

Engineering physics graduates have a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as aerospace, energy, electronics, and materials science. They can also pursue further education in fields like engineering, physics, or applied mathematics.

4. What is the difference between engineering physics and other engineering majors?

Engineering physics focuses on the fundamental principles of physics and their application in engineering, while other engineering majors may focus on a specific engineering discipline such as mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering.

5. What courses can I expect to take as an engineering physics major?

Engineering physics majors typically take courses in calculus, mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and materials science. They may also have the opportunity to take specialized courses in areas such as optics, electronics, or nuclear engineering.