1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best book for software and hardware

1. Aug 12, 2012 #1
    What book is the best for computer hardware?

I want to know how the computer reads information inputted. There's motherboards that read electricity and outputs something onto a screen.

LCD monitors
    3d monitors
    Optical drive
    Motherboard
    CPU
    Ram
    Graphics card

Also what course am I looking for to cover these.

What's the best book for software?

Thankyou

James

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2012 #2
    I may be misunderstanding your question but what I think you're looking for are drivers.

A driver is a bit of software that tells your computer how to interpret the data coming in from a particular device. For example, a number of different devices use USB to connect to your computer. For example, how does your computer know what to do when it receives signals from its USB port when a thumb-drive is plugged in rather than a mouse? Device drivers.

Maybe that will help you dig a little more deeply on the subject in the mean time. I don't have much more to offer than that, sorry. In particular, I have no book recommendations.

Good luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook