Best Buy Has Man Arrested for Using $2 Bills

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
franznietzsche said:
Now, i'm sorry for assuming you would ever understand this, and from now on i think maybe i should systematically dumb down my posts, but i was making a satirical joke, about the universal ethnocentrism of people and what defines stupidity.

Don't worry though. After this i'm thoroughly convinced that i really need to dumb down my posts, so that i'm not doing this all the time dealing with people who just don't get it.
You might want to reduce the inflation pressure on that ego while you're at it. :bugeye: Are we supposed to be able to read your mind to know just what you're talking about with regard to anthropologists and thin air?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Andromeda321 said:
See this just made me wonder for a second: could you even drive a profit from counterfeiting $2 bills that would appear authentic? Because I think it's slightly more expensive to print a bill then that, which is why you usually find them in much higher denominations.
I feel for the guy who got arrested in Best Buy however. I mean why would you use leg irons for someone who's not being violent? Among other things...
Yeah, if you're going to counterfeit strange denominations of money, go for the $40 bill! :bugeye:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/202773 [Broken]
An employee at Food City, 131 N. Hall Road, Alcoa, reported at 2:38 p.m. Monday that two counterfeit $40 bills were passed at the store and discovered later.
Sad, the poor guy with a $2 bill gets arrested, yet somehow, someone manages to pass $40 bills without anybody noticing! :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention - Best Buy assumes and treats all of their customers as thieves. Meanwhile the employees are carting subwoofers out the back door...

hypermorphism said:
It really isn't much more than once given public libraries (not to mention the internet), one should be marginally well-read. Above all this, this person was working as a cashier.
I'm not sure what's more entertaining. The cashier that doesn't know what a two dollar bill is or the idea that a person working as a cashier would know something about currency. ;-p

Gza
Now, i'm sorry for assuming you would ever understand this, and from now on i think maybe i should systematically dumb down my posts, but i was making a satirical joke, about the universal ethnocentrism of people and what defines stupidity.
yeah dude, you probably better dumb down your big fancy lingo, so us po' country folk kin git the gist of what you be towlkin' about. But really though, don't get mad at other people because they can't connect your widely spaced dots.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
You might want to reduce the inflation pressure on that ego while you're at it. :bugeye: Are we supposed to be able to read your mind to know just what you're talking about with regard to anthropologists and thin air?
Amen, what an attitude :bugeye: