1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best graduate schools for CMT or HEP-T

1. Aug 3, 2011 #1
    Hi, thank you for reading this. I am applying to grad school this year and I'm basically torn between High Energy Physics (theory) and Condensed Matter Theory. Could you recommend me some universities that have good programs in this field? Also feel free to include school that aren't top tier but with strong groups in these fields.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2011 #2
  4. Aug 4, 2011 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Aug 4, 2011 #4
  6. Aug 5, 2011 #5
    Yes, I've heard of that site but I understand that they might not necessarily know what they're talking about when it comes to physics. I was hoping that maybe someone who has worked in these fields could give me some hints...

7. Aug 5, 2011 #6
    According to US NEWS they do ask of the people that work in those fields to rate them.

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...-questions-graduate-schools-rankings?PageNr=1

Read #2 and #6 for specifics of your concern.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook