Best graduate schools for CMT or HEP-T

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Blondie__
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Graduate Schools
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 5K views
Blondie__
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi, thank you for reading this. I am applying to grad school this year and I'm basically torn between High Energy Physics (theory) and Condensed Matter Theory. Could you recommend me some universities that have good programs in this field? Also feel free to include school that aren't top tier but with strong groups in these fields.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I've heard of that site but I understand that they might not necessarily know what they're talking about when it comes to physics. I was hoping that maybe someone who has worked in these fields could give me some hints...
 
Blondie__ said:
Yes, I've heard of that site but I understand that they might not necessarily know what they're talking about when it comes to physics. I was hoping that maybe someone who has worked in these fields could give me some hints...

According to US NEWS they do ask of the people that work in those fields to rate them.

http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...-questions-graduate-schools-rankings?PageNr=1

Read #2 and #6 for specifics of your concern.
 
Last edited by a moderator: