1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best graduate school for Spintronics and Spin Tnasport Research?

1. Jul 8, 2010 #1
    Hello,
    I'm interested in spin transport and spintronics and I was wondering if anyone knew what the best graduate programs are for these? I will be applying for grad schools soon and would really like your input. Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2010 #2
    Look for good schools in condensed matter physics. Check the profs' & research groups' pages to find people working in spintronics, see if you like what they're working on.

4. Jul 10, 2010 #3
    Not terribly familiar with the field, but is this even a serious research area anymore? It was my impression that nobody has ever even made a good spinFET or, at the very least, they are so hard to make that the majority of papers are theoretical.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook