1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Best way to cram for my physics exam tomorrow?

1. Jun 17, 2016 #1
    Should I go through my lectures or just do practice questions, or just watch youtube vids? What's the best way to study for physics? I'm a year one university student.

I haven't studied because I've been prioritising other subjects.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2016 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

Go through the lecture, read the textbook, but mostly do as many exercises as possible.

Watching YouTube is the last thing you want to do. You need to be active, not passive.

4. Jun 17, 2016 #3

Thanks my man!

5. Jun 17, 2016 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

If your exam is tomorrow, then you're asking this too late.

6. Jun 17, 2016 #5

DrClaude

I had missed that, as it was in the thread title. Indeed, it's too late to do anything significant.

7. Jun 17, 2016 #6
    Pray to every deity, and hope that one works.

8. Jun 17, 2016 #7
    Your best bet is to study like you've never studied before, then use the knowledge you've gained to build a time capsule, and go back to about a month ago.

Seriously though, just do problems. Lots of them.

9. Jun 17, 2016 #8

Mark44

If I were to bet on the outcome of your final exam, my bet would be on a failing grade for the exam.

Since the priority has been your other classes, the cost of that decision is a low or failing grade in this class.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted