1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best way to prepare for Modern Physics

1. Apr 8, 2008 #1
    I was told by the academic adviser at the University where I will be transferring in the near future that the hardest courses are the two Modern Physics courses, along with E&M, too. What book should I read to get a headstart? She also said that the courses will be a lot faster-paced than at the junior college. There's an old Introduction to Modern Physics book in the storage room of my physics classroom. I thought about asking the professor if I could borrow it. I forgot to see who the authors were and everything.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2008 #2
    If you are really worried about it try to find out what the textbooks used for those courses are and at least get them from the library. You might also email the professors at the university and ask for a class syllabus for each class.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?