Best way to prepare for 2nd quarter organic

  • Thread starter Thread starter arsato
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Organic Prepare
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
arsato
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I just finished taking the first quarter of the honors organic chemistry series at my school and ended up getting a B. I would like to work hard to get an A next quarter, and I was wondering whether it is worth spending time reviewing the material from first quarter to prepare for 2nd quarter. I particularly found stereochemistry and synthesis problems to be the most challenging. Should I focus my time reviewing and knowing the reactions from first quarter well (such as alkene reactions, ozonolysis, etc.)? Do these reactions show up again as you progress through the series? Should likewise do the same thing with stereochemical concepts?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, arsato, you should do as you have guessed. Some of the same kinds of reaction mechanisms will continue to be used. Syntheses and stereochemistry will still be important.