1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Better Computer Engineering elective?

1. Aug 17, 2015 #1
    Hello all,

I am currently entering my third year of electrical engineering and have to make a choice to take either:

Microprocessor Systems: theory and design of microprocessors; semiconductor technologies, architectures, assembly language, software development, input/output design, applications, and interfacing

Or

Computer organization: structure and organization of computer systems; instruction sets; arithmetic; data path and control design

I am still undecided which course to take. I can take the other one next fall but for now, I'm hoping to take the course that offers more programming and potentially marketable skills/knowledge to have for internships.

Any clarification as to the scope of each course, programming languages used, and any other relevant info would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2015 #2
    Computer organization is usually a student's first exposure to assembly language in a computer science curriculum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook