Biology II and beyond Scientific Calc

  • Thread starter Thread starter biology_girl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Biology Scientific
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
biology_girl
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could give me some insight to which scientific calculator is best for a Biology major...me =)

I just bought the TI-84 Plus but now I'm thinking I probably should've gotten the TI-89. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know the TI-89 is a better calculator, but for Biology etc., is it necessary? Any comments would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

********************************************************
"The defect with equality is that we only require it with our superiors."
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I've never used either, but from what I gather, they're both graphic calculators, and for the things that one usually needs a calculator for, I would imagine that they are both pretty much the same! I've never really used a graphic calculator-- I got one in school, since we were told it would be beneficial, and I guess I used it when I was feeling lazy and attempting to factorise polynomials, and drawing graphs, but didn't use it much. Any scientific calculator is enough for most classes, in my opinion!