Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Biology II and beyond Scientific Calc

1. Jan 30, 2007 #1
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could give me some insight to which scientific calculater is best for a Biology major...me =)

I just bought the TI-84 Plus but now I'm thinking I probably should've gotten the TI-89. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know the TI-89 is a better calculater, but for Biology etc., is it neccessary? Any comments would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!!!!!

"The defect with equality is that we only require it with our superiors."
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I've never used either, but from what I gather, they're both graphic calculators, and for the things that one usually needs a calculator for, I would imagine that they are both pretty much the same! I've never really used a graphic calculator-- I got one in school, since we were told it would be beneficial, and I guess I used it when I was feeling lazy and attempting to factorise polynomials, and drawing graphs, but didn't use it much. Any scientific calculator is enough for most classes, in my opinion!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?