Black hole error when closing the preview window.

• Thread starter Fredrik
  • Start date
In summary, a black hole error when closing the preview window is a computer or software malfunction that occurs when trying to close the preview window of a program. It can be caused by software bugs, conflicts with other programs, corrupted files, or insufficient RAM or processing power. To fix it, you can try restarting your computer, updating software, freeing up memory, or running a virus scan. While it usually does not cause permanent damage, it is important to have reliable antivirus software and regularly maintain your computer to prevent it from happening.
Fredrik
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If I close it with the x symbol in the upper right, I get the page not found / black hole error.

Physics news on Phys.org
I too have been seeing a LOT of black hole pages. Haven't looked at when it's happening just that it seems to be happening when I don't expect it.

I've tracked down the problem and hope to fix it in the next few days

1. What is a black hole error when closing the preview window?

A black hole error when closing the preview window refers to a computer or software malfunction that occurs when trying to close the preview window of a program. It is commonly characterized by a frozen or unresponsive screen.

2. What causes a black hole error when closing the preview window?

A black hole error when closing the preview window can be caused by a variety of factors, including software bugs, conflicts with other programs, corrupted files, or insufficient RAM or processing power.

3. How can I fix a black hole error when closing the preview window?

To fix a black hole error when closing the preview window, you can try restarting your computer, updating your software, freeing up memory, or running a virus scan. If the problem persists, you may need to seek technical support.

4. Can a black hole error when closing the preview window cause damage to my computer?

In most cases, a black hole error when closing the preview window will not cause any permanent damage to your computer. However, if the error is caused by a virus or malware, it could potentially harm your system.

5. How can I prevent a black hole error when closing the preview window from happening?

To prevent a black hole error when closing the preview window, make sure your computer's software is up to date, avoid running multiple programs simultaneously, and regularly clean out temporary files and old programs. It is also important to have a reliable antivirus software installed.