Problem when closing preview

• Thread starter DrClaude
  • Start date
In summary, users are experiencing a problem when closing the preview while writing a reply on Physics Forums. Instead of returning to the post and editing box, they are redirected to an undefined page. However, the back button brings them back to the page with their reply still in the editing box. This issue has been reported by users using Firefox 35.0.1 on Mac OS. The developers are aware of the problem and suggest clicking off the overlay to close it. The issue has been occurring for the past couple of weeks and the developers hope to have it fixed in the next few days.
DrClaude
Mentor
I'm having some problems when closing the preview, while I am writing a reply to a post. After clicking the X to close the pop-up preview window, instead of coming back to the page with the post and the message I'm editing, I get sent to https://www.physicsforums.com/undefined

Thankfully, the back button brings me back to the page, with my reply still in the editing box. But it is annoying, especially since I must do lots of proofreading when posting (my fingers sometimes go faster than my brain o0)).

Browser: Firefox 35.0.1, under Mac OS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
We are aware of this, thanks :)

You can instead click off the overlay to close.

Greg Bernhardt said:
We are aware of this, thanks :)
Is this a recent problem? Just curious as I noticed it yesterday.

dlgoff said:
Is this a recent problem? Just curious as I noticed it yesterday.
Yeah I think within the past couple weeks

Likes dlgoff
I've tracked down the problem and hope to fix it in the next few days

Likes DrClaude

1. What is a "Problem when closing preview"?

The "Problem when closing preview" is an error message that appears when trying to close a preview of a document or file. It indicates that there is an issue with closing the preview and the action cannot be completed successfully.

2. Why does the "Problem when closing preview" occur?

There can be various reasons for the "Problem when closing preview" error. It could be due to a software glitch, a corrupted file, or an issue with the device's operating system.

3. How can I fix the "Problem when closing preview" issue?

The first step to fixing the issue is to try closing the preview again. If the error persists, try restarting the device or updating the software. If the problem still occurs, try opening the file in a different application or reinstalling the software.

4. Can I prevent the "Problem when closing preview" from happening?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent the error from occurring, regularly updating software and avoiding opening corrupted files can help reduce the chances of encountering the "Problem when closing preview" issue.

5. What should I do if none of the solutions work?

If none of the solutions work, it may be best to contact technical support for further assistance. They may be able to provide a specific solution for your device or software, or help troubleshoot the issue further.