Books for Race Car Design and Construction

In summary, the speaker asked for recommendations for a reference book on building a race car, specifically mentioning Milliken's Race Car Vehicle Dynamics. Another person expressed interest in the topic and mentioned their current project of designing an electric dragster while learning inventor. The conversation ended with a question about where the speaker goes to school.
hanson
Hi all! It's me again.
I asked about how the wing of a design car should be designed before.
Thanks for all your replies.

I would like to have a good reference book for me to start from scratch learning how to build a race car, do you guys have any recommendation?

p.s. I major in mechanical engineering in an university and it's my second year now.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can't beat Milliken's Race Car Vehicle Dynamics.

hey, I am also interested in this kind of thing, I am a second year student in MechE and we have to design an electric dragster. I am having fun learning inventor at least haha. Where abouts do you go to school?

1. How do I choose the right book for race car design and construction?

To choose the right book for race car design and construction, consider your level of experience and the specific type of race car you want to design. Look for books written by reputable authors with a background in race car design and construction. Additionally, check for reviews and ratings from other readers to ensure the book is informative and well-written.

2. What topics should be covered in a book about race car design and construction?

A good book on race car design and construction should cover topics such as aerodynamics, chassis design, suspension, engine building, and safety. It should also include practical examples and case studies to help readers understand the concepts better.

3. Are there any books specifically for beginners in race car design and construction?

Yes, there are many books specifically tailored for beginners in race car design and construction. These books usually start with the basics and gradually progress to more advanced topics. Look for books that have clear explanations, diagrams, and step-by-step instructions to help you learn the fundamentals of race car design and construction.

4. Can I find books with information on both design and construction of race cars?

Yes, there are books that cover both design and construction of race cars. These books are usually more comprehensive and provide a well-rounded understanding of the process. However, if you are only interested in one aspect, such as design or construction, there are also books that focus solely on that topic.

5. How can I use a book on race car design and construction to improve my skills?

A book on race car design and construction can be a valuable resource for improving your skills. To get the most out of the book, read it thoroughly and take notes. Practice the concepts and techniques described in the book, and use it as a reference guide when working on your own race car design and construction projects. Additionally, consider joining a racing team or taking a course to gain hands-on experience and further enhance your skills.