1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Analysis Books on solving DE with infinite series?

1. Nov 2, 2016 #1
    Hi folks,

I was wondering if there are books that explain how to solve differential equations using infinite series. I know it is possible to do it since Poincaré used that method.

Do you know which ones are the best?

I find books on infinite series but they talk just about series, convergence etc but not specifically about solving differential equations, maybe there is a chapter but nothing else.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2016 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Boyce and Diprima has a couple of chapters on it, so does Morse and Feshbach. Pretty much every DiffEQ text I have ever seen has at least a chapter on that subject.

4. Nov 2, 2016 #3
    Thanks for those specific names.

Yes, there are chapters on this but I would like to have a kind of compilation showing which differential equations could be solved with every infinite series. At least the most important for physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted