Boom! Nuke films on YouTube

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2022 Award
Here is a Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory YouTube playlist of 64 recently declassified nuclear bomb test videos.

Likes Bandersnatch, DrClaude and 1oldman2

Answers and Replies

adnansaram
Thank you!
Did you see Iran's nuclear test ?

1oldman2
Here is a Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory YouTube playlist of 64 recently declassified nuclear bomb test videos.
Very cool, thanks for the link. Those are certainly racking up the view counts quickly.

BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2022 Award
Wondering if the timing has anything to do with Vera Lynn turning 100 yesterday, or if it's just a coincidence?
The reason I hear was that someone was worried about the films deteriorating and that they were scattered all over in many different archives.

On the other hand, Dr. Strangelove, a most awesome film.
Now I don't worry, I just love the bomb.

Likes 1oldman2 and OmCheeto
1oldman2
On the other hand, Dr. Strangelove, a most awesome film.
Now I don't worry, I just love the bomb.
:thumbup:

strangerep
Science Advisor
The one titled "Operation Hardtack-1 - Nutmeg 51538" shows a test over the ocean (Bikini?). I see quite a few sea birds taking flight/fright after the explosion. I'm guessing those birds would all have been permanently blinded by the initial flash?

So cool. Thank you for your sharing. I found it really bad but also beautiful. :rolleyes:

Suggested for: Boom! Nuke films on YouTube

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views