Branches of theoretical physics are the most likely to find a TOE?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Noxide
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Which branches of theoretical physics are the most likely to find a TOE?

I'm just trying to learn a little about this stuff, but my physics knowledge isn't too deep as I am only a first-year undergrad.

A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Quantum theory, particle physics, would be the places to look. These are very much intertwined.
 


There may not be a TOE because of our poor knowledge. Although many claim so, it is just fooling.
 


I guess the quest for "quantum gravity" is often associated with approaching a ToE, such that principles of Quantum Field Theory and General Relativity are combined in an appropriate manner. I however agree that this will most likely not yield a ToE; yet it might lead to a unified theory of all known interactions.