Breaking News: Wilting in Plants Caused by Internet Trolls

• Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Per wikipedia's article on wilting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilting

Wilting refers to the loss of rigidity of non-woody parts of plants. This occurs when the turgor pressure in non-lignified plant cells falls towards zero, as a result of diminished water in the cells. The process of wilting modifies the leaf angle distribution of the plant (or canopy) towards more erectophile conditions.

Lower water availability may result from:

drought conditions, where the soil moisture drops below conditions most favorable for plant functioning;
the temperature falls to the point where the plants vascular system can not function.
high salinity, which causes water to diffuse from the plant cells and induce shrinkage;
saturated soil conditions, where roots are unable to obtain sufficient oxygen for cellular respiration, and so are unable to transport water into the plant; or
bacteria or fungi that clog the plant's vascular system.
Internet trolls have clogged the plant's vascular system.
:confused:

Edited the article. The article before the revision can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wilting&oldid=497326200

Is there a question here?? The wikipedia article looks ok.

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Is there a question here?? The wikipedia article looks ok.
I just edited it, sorry. Just thought it was funny lol.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's been fixed. You can still see the troll reference by going to the "View History" tab. :biggrin:

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
It's been fixed. You can still see the troll reference by going to the "View History" tab. :biggrin:
Them dang trolls blocking all those vasculars!!!

Why did you edit it?? Are you saying that the paragraph on internet trolls was incorrect??

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Why did you edit it?? Are you saying that the paragraph on internet trolls was incorrect??
Unless you've found some trolls blocking the vascular systems of your houseplants, then yes.

Unless you've found some trolls blocking the vascular systems of your houseplants, then yes.
Do you have a reference to a scientific journal that proves that such a thing does not happen??

Evo

Mentor

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Do you have a reference to a scientific journal that proves that such a thing does not happen??
Plant Vascular Monthly of course. A study was just done and less than 0.0002 trolls per vascular were found. This is well within the error margin for the instruments when measuring 0. Either that or it was a loose cable.

Evo

Mentor
Plant Vascular Monthly of course. A study was just done and less than 0.0002 trolls per vascular were found. This is well within the error margin for the instruments when measuring 0. Either that or it was a loose cable.
:rofl:

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
By the way, that was my first wikipedia edit. Go me. My first transiting exoplanet light curve, then my first wikipedia edit, soon I will formulate the GUT. For vasculars of course.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
So micro has been killing my garden!?

So micro has been killing my garden!?
That was because you forgot to water your tomatoes for a week. For once, I had nothing to do with it.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
That was because you forgot to water your tomatoes for a week. For once, I had nothing to do with it.
Not according to wikipedia.

Wikipedia knows all.

Not according to wikipedia.

Wikipedia knows all.
There are many problems with wikipedia. This video explains it all very well:

Last edited by a moderator:

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Drakkith

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2018 Award
Does anyone else here realize that Danger's name is on that troll meter?

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic