1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bs Computer Science & Ms math & PhD physics

1. Jan 17, 2015 #1
    I was in Bs physics engineering but I decided to switch away from and now I am taking my bachelor degree in Computer Science (I couldn't stand laboratories) but I still want to be a theoretical physicist! I have taken some courses in physics like quantum mechanics and fortunately I was able to do some summer schools in gravitation and astrophysics.

But I think the only way to follow my dream is to do Ms in math and then part iii in Cambridge.

Nevertheless, I still have some question:
    i. Is it possible to get an advanced degree that is not directly related to your Bachelor's?

ii. Is it possible to be a theoretical physicist with my bs in computer science and ms in math?

iii. Do Cambridge accept people with bs in computer science and ms in math into partiii?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2015 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

(i) and (ii): yes.
    It helps to choose some math topic that is used in your favorite area of theoretical physics.

(iii) ask them?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook