1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BS physics to a MS mech. engineering?

1. May 2, 2010 #1
    I'm a 2nd year student at FSU. Currently a ME major. Considering switching because I don't like the satellite campus that houses the College of Engineering here. The main campus was why I selected FSU. I've heard that a BS physics is an easy crossover to a MS M.E. Plus I love physics, its my leisure reading usually. But I have a few questions.

- Would a BS physics/MS ME be competitive with a BS/MS ME in the field. My dream job is to be a Disney imagineer.
    - What kind of qualifications are needed to do analytical finance work with physics? Would I be able to be competitive with engineering/math majors? As this would be my second job choice.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2010 #2
    I'm no expert, so I can't really answer your questions, but I would think twice before changing majors just because you don't like the campus. Granted, one's study environment is important, but still ...

4. May 2, 2010 #3
    While Mechanical engineering requires intensive classical physics, fluid dynamics and a few other popular topics in physics, it is not really as easy as you think.

Well, I am saying this is because my physics advisor told me when I asked for double major.
    I totally agree with the poster above. Don't just switch because you dont like the program or people there. Apply for transfer if you have to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook