Bsc Applied Physics, Msc Financial Maths? Worth it?

In summary, physicists have been in high demand in the financial sector, particularly on Wall Street. It may be beneficial to have a mix of physics and mathematics, such as an MSc in Financial Mathematics, to increase chances of securing a job in the financial sector. Alternatively, obtaining an MSc in an engineering or physics-related field may also provide opportunities for a financial career. Additional information may be needed to provide further assistance.
f '(x)
So I've been reading that physicists are good candidates for jobs in the financial sector, and there was even huge demand for them on Wall St. a few years ago.
After obtaining a BSc in Applied Physics, would it help securing a job in the financial sector by having an MSc in Financial Mathematics (so I have a mix between physics and maths), or would I be better off getting an MSc in engineering/physics related field and still have the same option of going down the financial career route if I wanted to?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

1. What is the difference between Bsc Applied Physics and Msc Financial Maths?

Bsc Applied Physics is an undergraduate degree that focuses on the principles and applications of physics in various fields such as engineering, technology, and research. On the other hand, Msc Financial Maths is a graduate degree that combines mathematics and finance to analyze financial markets and make informed decisions.

2. Is Bsc Applied Physics, Msc Financial Maths a good combination?

Yes, it is a great combination as it equips students with a strong foundation in physics and mathematics, as well as the skills to apply them in the financial sector. This combination is in high demand in industries such as banking, investment, and insurance.

3. What career opportunities are available with a degree in Bsc Applied Physics, Msc Financial Maths?

Graduates with this combination of degrees can pursue careers in various fields such as financial risk analysis, investment banking, quantitative analysis, and financial consulting. They can also work in industries that require a strong understanding of both physics and finance, such as renewable energy and technology.

4. What skills will I gain from studying Bsc Applied Physics, Msc Financial Maths?

Some of the skills that you will develop include critical thinking, problem-solving, data analysis, mathematical and statistical modeling, and programming. These skills are highly sought after in the job market and can be applied in various industries.

5. Is it worth pursuing a degree in Bsc Applied Physics, Msc Financial Maths?

This ultimately depends on your interests and career goals. If you have a strong passion for both physics and finance, this combination of degrees can open up many opportunities for you. It is also a unique and valuable skill set that can give you a competitive edge in the job market. However, it is important to research and consider your options before making a decision.