Bug DNA kits for designing your own bugs

In summary, Michael Crihton's website NEXTgencode offers a variety of new products including a puppy that never grows old, bug DNA kits for designing your own bugs, Control Genes, Orangutans who can speak English, Spanish, or Japanese, and ear enlargements for improved hearing. They also have a section for those interested in biodiesel and the "Earthrace" boat called "Bum Fuel." While they do not sell actual genetic manipulation, they offer a tongue-in-cheek look at the potential future of genetic research and technology. However, their website does provide links to real current events in genetics research.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...the puppy that never grows old, bug DNA kits for designing your own bugs, Control Genes [found in every dictator], Orangutans who can speak English, Spanish, or Japanese, and ear enlargements for improved hearing are just a few of the wonderful new products available from Michael Crihton's website NEXTgencode.
http://www.nextgencode.com/index.html [Broken]

And if you liked the "Earthrace" boat or have an interest in biodiesel, be sure to check out "Bum Fuel".

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl:
Brilliant!

Now, how much for a dose of that 2XE4?

OMG! Perma Puppy looks just like my daughter's dog!

berkeman said:
OMG! Perma Puppy looks just like my daughter's dog!

Perhaps your daughter would also be interested in having a giant pet cockroach to play with the puppy?

Ivan Seeking said:
Perhaps your daughter would also be interested in having a giant pet cockroach to play with the puppy?

Errrr, no. The 1-foot to 5-foot models available would cause her great distress, I'm sure. Even little biddy critters have to get dealt with by Dad. :blushing:

... do they actually sell genetic manipulation ?

is our Genetic research/Science far enough to improve Mathematic skills or eyesight through genetic manipulation ?... as they sell apperantly.

Volumunox said:
... do they actually sell genetic manipulation ?

is our Genetic research/Science far enough to improve Mathematic skills or eyesight through genetic manipulation ?... as they sell apperantly.

I had to go back and read a bunch of your previous posts to see if you were kidding (you only currently have 2 posts outside General Discussion, but plenty in GD). So I don't think you're kidding, and I'll be gentle in my answer. No, Volumunox, certainly not to the extent of this website. It's a tounge-in-cheek look at the future. o:)

berkeman said:
Errrr, no. The 1-foot to 5-foot models available would cause her great distress, I'm sure. Even little biddy critters have to get dealt with by Dad. :blushing:

Ah, well, anyway, who would want a five-foot long pet that runs and hides under the counters whenever you turn on the kitchen lights?

Ivan Seeking said:
Ah, well, anyway, who would want a five-foot long pet that runs and hides under the counters whenever you turn on the kitchen lights?

You mean kids back home before college is over?

Ivan Seeking said:
Big counters!

Aww man their NextBird doesn't do calculus? :rofl:

Bumfuel is a really good idea too. :biggrin:

Last edited:
berkeman said:
I had to go back and read a bunch of your previous posts to see if you were kidding (you only currently have 2 posts outside General Discussion, but plenty in GD). So I don't think you're kidding, and I'll be gentle in my answer. No, Volumunox, certainly not to the extent of this website. It's a tounge-in-cheek look at the future. o:)

i'm not a genious, and I'm not a spammer, so i don't see a reason to replying to stuff i don't know ;)

unless ofcourse i got a question. :)

But i love science and everything that comes with it.
so that's why I'm here ;)

And its a shame really :-/
guess we'll have to wait anothe decade.
i mean we can create new veins and repair the heart with gene manipulation, so how long can it take ;)

Volumunox said:
But i love science and everything that comes with it.
so that's why I'm here ;)

One of the links at nextgencode has links to numerous REAL current events in genetics research. :smile:
http://www.ethicsingenetics.com/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx :)

Knowledge is a privilege and an honor as some say :)

1. What is a Bug DNA kit?

A Bug DNA kit is a set of tools and materials that allow you to extract and analyze the genetic information of a bug, and use it to design your own genetically modified bugs.

2. How does a Bug DNA kit work?

A Bug DNA kit typically includes a set of instructions, chemicals, and specialized equipment that guide you through the process of extracting DNA from a bug and analyzing it. Once you have the genetic information, you can use it to create a custom bug using genetic engineering techniques.

3. Are Bug DNA kits safe to use?

Yes, Bug DNA kits are generally safe to use, as long as you follow the instructions and handle the chemicals and equipment with care. However, it is important to note that any genetic modification of organisms can potentially have unpredictable consequences, so caution should be exercised when using Bug DNA kits.

4. Can I use a Bug DNA kit to design any type of bug?

The type of bug you can design with a Bug DNA kit depends on the availability of its genetic information and the techniques used for genetic modification. Some Bug DNA kits may only allow you to design specific types of bugs, while others may have more flexibility.

5. Are there any ethical considerations when using a Bug DNA kit?

Yes, there are ethical considerations that should be taken into account when using a Bug DNA kit. Genetic modification of organisms can have potential impacts on the environment and other living organisms, so it is important to consider the potential consequences before using a Bug DNA kit.

Back