Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug in previewing new posts

1. Feb 18, 2012 #1
    I just discovered that when making in a new post, if I preview before submitting, the template for new posts gets appended onto the end of what I typed in the box for editing before submission. I presume that this is a bug, not a feature, as I did use the template in writing my post before I previewed it.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2012 #2

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are lots of threads about this. Some from several years ago. The site admins are aware of the problem, but they don't know a way to fix it, so we just have to live with it. You will have to delete the stuff that was appended to your post every time you preview.

4. Feb 18, 2012 #3
    Ok, sorry to clutter the boards with another thread about it. I forgot to search for existing messages before I posted and thought it might have developed recently due to a server update or something similar. Is it possible for me to delete this thread to get it out of the way? (I'm on the mobile site at the moment)

5. Feb 18, 2012 #4

Fredrik

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think that's necessary, but if you really want to, use the report button to ask the moderators to do it. Ignore the message you will see about what the report button is for. That's just another thing the admins haven't been able to change.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook